Map reset before upgrading to 1.9?

Make suggestions to staff about improving Wafer. Please remember this is a Vanilla Wafer.

How do we want to re-invigorate the server?

Do nothing, let it burn.
No votes
Upgrade to 1.9 without a map reset
100%
Upgrade to 1.9 with a map reset
No votes
Upgrade to 1.9 with a new map seed
No votes

Total votes : 2

Map reset before upgrading to 1.9?

Postby kriation » 11 Mar 2016 13:22

Hey All,

To reinvigorate the server, and before announcing a re-release publicly, is there interest in a map reset before upgrading to 1.9? If we agree on a map reset, is there interest in starting 1.9 with a new map seed?

Poll attached.
kriation

Re: Map reset before upgrading to 1.9?

Postby onceuponafail » 11 Mar 2016 21:56

edit: Resets are something of a heated topic for me; I'm very biased against them.

Personally, I'm highly against a map reset. One of the selling points of this server (and one of the reasons I joined) was that it wouldn't reset, ever. Sure, resetting could boost activity, but it would be at the expense of people losing builds they worked hard on (myself included). We would see a surge of activity (if anyone even checks here/logs on), but this would fade too and we would be back to square one. Besides, some people may have even forgotten that Wafer existed, or have been simply too busy for a long period of time. Resetting would be a huge disservice to them, who would not even have the time to say goodbye to their builds.
onceuponafail

Postby kriation » 11 Mar 2016 22:18

+1 - I'm with you. I wanted to offer it up as a suggestion. Note, I also voted for no reset. :)
kriation

Postby kriation » 13 Mar 2016 09:31

We have a unanimous decision! An upgrade to 1.9 without a map reset.

It will happen during the regular server restart on Monday!
kriation

Return to Wafer Suggestions